adopted Jan 11, 2016
Sunday Assembly Charlotte is a community-based organization.
Everyone who participates in the Sunday Assembly Leadership Team should ensure that all actions should reflect the values of the movement.
- Helping each other be right, not wrong.
- Look for ways to make ideas work, not for reasons that they won’t.
- Don’t make negative assumptions – about yourselves or anyone else.
- Offer support – and accept it when it comes your way.
- Criticize ideas, not people.
- Act with respect and care for others.
- Think about the words and actions you are using – be kind, not offensive.
- Consider how your words or actions may be interpreted both offline and online.
- Do everything with enthusiasm.
- Respect people’s time – be on time for meetings, for helping run the Assembly etc.
- If things are going well, or if they aren’t – tell someone! Keep others in the picture.
- Most of all be nice, have fun and join in.In addition to these values, we expect every organizer to abide by the laws of the City of Charlotte, the State of North Carolina, and of the United States of America.